Fiona Skinner Learn to Swim by the Geelong Swimming Club is proud to offer high quality swimming lessons with the regions finest accredited swimming teachers, many of whom have been past competitive swimmers themselves.
Based at the Christian College Geelong Sports and Aquatic Centre, our best in class facility operates to provide students of all ages and abilities the opportunity to learn to swim – and swim well.
Fiona Skinner Learn to Swim promotes water safety, correct stroke implementation and provides various pathways into the 50 or so aquatic activities available in our region, including competitive pool and open water swimming.
Resumption of Learn to Swim
The Fiona Skinner Learn to Swim Team are excited to announce the re-start of learn to swim at the commencement of term 3, Monday 13 July 2020.
The program will be offered a little differently to comply with COVID-19 restrictions and to protect the health and safety of swimmers, families and staff. This is of upmost importance to us.
There have been further COVID restrictions implemented over the last 24 hours that need to be followed to ensure the health and safety of all. Please see details below and view our video update that will assist you with orientation and the new procedures.
- No parents/carers will be permitted on campus grounds unless to accompany a swimmer with a disability that has been organised prior to their lesson.
- Please park as normal in the Thornhill Rd car park and arrive 10 minutes prior to your lesson to allow time to sign your child into the program. We will meet you and your child at the entrance of the school grounds adjacent to the carpark (see video).
- You are required to wait in your car in the car park for the duration of your child’s lesson.
- Your child will then be escorted by a staff member to the pool hall where they will be asked to sanitise their hands-on entry.
- Students will then assemble in their lesson group and be shown to their chairs and teachers.
- Should your child need to use the bathroom the upstairs toilet will be available. Please note children will be accompanied to the door only and need to be self-sufficient.
- There are no change/shower facilities available.
- At the end of the lesson the reverse procedure will occur.
Please also note –
- At the conclusion of each session there is a sanitising process that takes place before the next session enters the pool hall.
- To ensure a smooth transition between classes, it is imperative that your child presents in their bathers ready to swim with their cap and goggles at the ready.
- Children will need to wear something warm and easy to undress and redress in. I recommend a deck coat or dressing gown with easy kick on/off footwear.
We understand these requirements are new and different; I am sure you will agree the health and safety of all during these unchartered times are paramount. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please contact [email protected]
I look forward to meeting you on pool deck soon.
Warm regards, Gail
Fiona Skinner Learn to Swim